Click on the company title to expand the job description.
M2L Associates Incorporated
M2L is a comprehensive Landscape Architecture and Planning firm serving public and private clients in the Houston Gulf Coast Region and Texas since 1995. Due to our continued growth and success, we seek to expand our design staff with the immediate addition of a full-time entry-level landscape designer with 0-5 years of experience. This salaried position offers an excellent benefits package, including paid vacation, illness, health insurance, and continuing education opportunities.
The successful candidate should be committed to high-quality design, sustainable landscape design practices, and be enthusiastic about urban design, planning, and parks and recreation design. This Position offers a wide range of project types and opportunities to learn about Landscape Architecture.
Support senior staff with conceptual design, 3-D modeling, construction documentation for a wide range of projects
Produce landscape architectural designs, construction drawings, and accurate project detailing
Support designers, landscape architects, and senior staff with research and site analysis
Produce graphic presentations and build study models
Bachelor of Landscape Architecture degree from an accredited Landscape Architecture program.
Minimum of 0-5 years of previous experience. Experience is not needed, but office experience is a plus.
Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, and In-Design Sketch-up and 3D visualization experience required.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to build strong client relationships
Ability to communicate with project team members and able to handle 3 to 4 projects simultaneously
Please submit your resume with a portfolio and work samples.
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Status: Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States as M2L does not sponsor employment visas.
Required education: Bachelor’s of Science in Landscape Architecture
Required experience: Minimum of 0-5 years of experience
Karen Rogers, President
8955 Katy Freeway, Suite 300
Tel: (713) 722-8897
Ambiance Landscape is looking for a strong and motivated Landscape Designer wishing to showcase their creativity. We are licensed and operate in Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas. You’ll be part of a team with some of the best people in the industry servicing some of the most high-profile sites around. You can play a key role in creating first impressions and becoming a critical element in relationship building. If you are confident, creative, forward-thinking, and willing to work hard and realize your potential, we want you to work with us.
- High-end Residential and Commercial Design/Build work along with landscape enhancements
- Design and sell a minimum sales number per year
- Provide cost and labor estimates based on company production standards for designed projects and bid projects.
- Take off and estimate commercial and residential bid projects
- Client Representative for all sales work related to quoted projects. Responsible for follow-up on quoted projects, negotiations, contract finalization, etc. with assistance as required.
- Work with Construction Manager developing change orders and maintain communication with clients throughout the process.
- Network with potential individuals and businesses through industry organizations and social events to identify new prospects.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with customers, the client account team, peers, and management
- Verbal and written communication skills to effectively set and manage customer and staff expectations
- Position requires local plant and construction technique knowledge
- Work with high level of efficiency, accuracy and independence
- Ability to manage and meet changing and conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Technical skills to work effectively with various CAD and other imaging programs; , Sketch-Up, Pro-Landscape, Photoshop, etc.; specifications, schedules, contracts, change orders, etc.; site plans, plant schedules and grading/elevations plans; Microsoft Office
- Occasional after-hours work, out of town, and weekend work
Desired Position Qualifications:
- Professional appearance
- Completion of a certified design program or 2 years of experience in landscape design/estimating
- Must be efficient in CAD
- A valid Mississippi driver’s license
- Landscape Industry Certification a plus
- Competitive Salary - $50,000 - $65,000
- Commission – Based on sales
- Paid Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employer subsidized Health Insurance
- Employer Provided Cell Phone
- Company provided truck
- Job Type: Full-time
- Please send resume and samples of work
Pay: $40,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brandon, MS 39042: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Sketchup: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Blair Parker Design
Blair Parker Design (BPD) is searching for a new team member to add to our talented group of landscape architects and designers. BPD is a Landscape Architecture firm in Memphis, TN. We specialize in creating places for people and building relationships with clients and our peers. BPD believes all design problems have a solution – it’s our job to find it. We strive to create innovative, buildable projects to enhance the user experience. BPD is a respected firm with a wide range of skills and expertise in design, planning, stakeholder engagement and the public approval process. We have projects across the southeast, from Missouri to Alabama as well as a few international projects. However, Memphis is our home and we take pride in doing work to strengthen the city and surrounding areas creating a dynamic place to live and work. BPD has been involved in multiple projects in the city’s recent revitalization efforts including the Tennessee Brewery, Snuff District and various other infill projects.
- Join site visits for inventory and analysis
- Develop conceptual designs through both digital and hand-drawn graphics
- Present concepts and designs to teammates and clients
- Participate in client meetings and implement feedback into designs
- Communicate clearly with other design professionals and clients
- Prepare presentation graphics in plan, elevation/section, perspective and 3-D
We are looking for a passionate, creative and innovative designer to join our team. Applicants should be willing to grow and learn about landscape architecture and allied professions. As part of our team, you must have a degree from an accredited landscape architecture program and the following skills/experience:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Self-motivated to research and evaluate problems
- Quickly learn and implement new information
- Collaborative problem solver with internal and external team members
- Quickly adaptable to a professional office environment
- Open and willing to evaluate all ideas and methods
- Open to constructive criticism and feedback
- Enjoys National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- Conceptual Design through both digital and hand graphics
- Hand sketching
- Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Design development based on internal and external feedback
- Eager to learn new software to broaden your skills
- Construction documentation and detailing: AutoCAD or similar drafting program, SketchUp or similar 3D modeling and rendering, Microsoft office software, i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Professional office experience, including internships
- Construction experience with landscape installation or maintenance
- Digital software knowledge – (ex: M-Color and Lumion)
BPD is an open studio environment focused on collaboration. Communication amongst team members is critical for a successful project. Our office environment encourages these principles internally and when working with other consultants. We offer flexible hours and early weekends to promote a proper work/life balance. Balance is critical for our team members to be happy and productive. BPD also encourages professional development, licensure and continued learning. We support each other in interests and passions in the field of landscape architecture, in the community, and in outside areas. BPD also offers a benefits package including health insurance options for full time employees.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter, resume and digital portfolio (10mb or less) with work samples that demonstrate the skills described above to email@example.com. Please do not send hard copies.
Are you looking for an engineering firm where you are highly valued, compensated equitably and are a critical part of a team?
Are you interested in investing your career towards an opportunity that can provide real professional growth and mentorship within a younger top Charlotte multi-discipline firm?
Come be a part of a growing, dynamic landscape architecture and civil engineering firm in the Charlotte area!
Bloc Design is a collaborative, experienced, and knowledgeable multi-disciplined consulting firm providing master planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering services, and project management services. Our focus is to provide our clients with a committed creative approach to each project's unique character and challenges, as well as provide responsive, principal-driven project management. Bloc Design values the synergy of collaboration between the disciplines, balancing the blending of art and science with our creative and technical expertise. Learn more about us at www.bloc-nc.com.
We are currently seeking a Entry Level Landscape Designer with 0-3 years of experience in the Charlotte, NC area.
We are proud to offer:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Medical benefits which include 100% coverage of premium with family option
- 401K matches
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Paid annual licensure Renewals
- Personal growth and mentorship-oriented environment
- Fun and energetic office environment
- An opportunity where you are valued and your ideas and opinions matter
In this key role as a LA-1 - Landscape Designer you will be responsible for project production within a wide variety of project types within multiple market sectors within the land development market. Experience must include basic knowledge of planning, design, hardscapes, and landscape/plant material. Role will include setup of design documents including but not limited to demolition, dimension control, erosion control, utility design, and grading/drainage plans. In addition, this position may require providing research and due diligence for land as it relates to zoning and permitting requirements. Position requires 2 years minimum experience utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D or standard AutoCAD, whether professionally, internship(s), or during college. It is desired that potential candidates have moderate to high skill levels in other software such as SketchUp, Lumion, LandFX, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and InDesign, as well as hand sketching and graphic design skills.
Candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Shares the firms core values of being highly responsive to clients, uniquely creative, and offering exceptional expertise in their profession.
- Possesses a high level of thoughtful creativity in their approach to a project or task
- Possesses a strong attention to detail.
- Have a passion for the profession, for client service, and mentorship of others.
- Seeks to join a firm where they can have an incredible impact on the current and future direction of the firm.
- Team oriented mentality that seeks to support the goals of the firm, other managers, and the managing partners.
- Understands how to work within a team oriented environment within a multi-disciplined firm, as well as a variety of consultants.
- Ability to interface with clients or other team members and aspires for excellence in service for our clients.
The right candidate will have a personable demeanor with an ability to make a strong, positive first impression. Excellent communication skills with an aptitude to interact positively and professionally with multiple levels of individuals are essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- Preferred experience of land development based projects in various market types including commercial, healthcare, multifamily, single family, industrial, institutional, and public-based projects required
- Standard landscape architecture knowledge-base of all typical design documentation and plan sets, zoning ordinance comprehension, site plan layout, etc.
- Experience utilizing AutoCAD and familiarity with other common related software.
- Ability to provide project examples indicating basic knowledge landscape design, site plan, hardscape/plaza design, master planning, grading and drainage, color rendering and 3D rendering graphic skills, etc.
- Must be a legal and permanent US citizen
If you are looking for a position where your presence can make a difference, please email your cover letter, resume, and examples of your collegiate or professional work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must explain why you feel you are a good fit for this opportunity.
Are you interested in posting your employment opportunity here? If so, you can create an account for your company through the link below. After logging in, you can choose "Jobs" on the left side of the screen, select "Job Postings" from the dropdown menu, and scroll down and click "Post A Job". All listings will appear through the Career Center Connections Portal and will populate on this jobs page. For questions regarding this process, you can contact Jan Fitzgerald at the Career Center via email at email@example.com or via phone at (662) 325-3344. Link to log in or set up a new account: https://msstate-csm.symplicity.com/employers/?signin_tab=0&signin_tab=0